Adventure # 1J
We offer something that few if any other companies offer in Pai. We have a jungle survival/primitive living skills program that gets you out in the jungle with minimal tools and equipment to test yourself on the ability to survive in the jungle. Our guides are true hill tribesmen with skills in tracking, hunting, and bush-craft. This is not just a tour for our guides but skills they utilize everyday and enjoy sharing with others.
You will cut your way in to the jungle following minimal trails if any at all. You will help find a suitable campsite for the night where you will receive instructions on creating a shelter from your natural surroundings (if it is the rainy season we may take additional items to keep you dry during the night). If there is enough daylight your guide may show you some tracking tips, traps, and hunting techniques (an occasional squirrel might be on the menu). He will then show you some bush-craft skills with bamboo to include boiling water and cooking. After a night in the jungle he will then lead you out of the jungle to end your second day. This adventure is a minimum of 2 days and can last as many days as you want.
ITINERARY : * 2 DAY MINIMUM
- 07.30- Meet at Pai Adventures office or be picked up from your lodging.
- 08.00- Depart for the Soppong jungle (The location is the guide’s choice)
- 09.30- Arrive at drop off location and begin trek.
- The rest of your day is at the discretion of your guide. No 2 trips are the same and your adventure is not scripted.
- Trek out of the jungle and be picked up for your 1 1/2 hour trip back to Pai.
- 17.00 to 20.00- arrive back in Pai.
PRICE : * MINIMUM 2 PEOPLE
4 – 5 people – 2,200 baht
6 or more – 1,800 baht
* 900 baht per person each additional day
*We encourage this activity for those with children but (depending on age and parental guidance/discretion) we “MAY” charge an additional 500 baht per day because we will send a second guide to ensure the children’s safety at night.